How to find a secret Crush using Facebook dating
1. Set up your profile to make yourself look as good as possible. Add photos to give the right impression. Whenever you write anything, either on your profile or messages on other peoples pages, keep in mind that potential friends will be able to read it too.
2. Be careful with the details you complete. Set yourself as "single" - don't keep changing your relationship. Put in your correct Date of Birth. Include the location (not too specific for safety's sake) that you live or work in.
3. Review your profile. Don't include photos that would put people off.
4. Post regularly to the Facebook Dating group - and keep the discussion topical - click here
5. Send an Icebreaker message to someone you fancy. Don't be rude or cheeky - try to create a good impression and invite a reply. Ask a question so they have to respond.
6. Don't be hasty. Chat via Facebook messages for a while. Get to know and trust each other. Later (when you have linked up) you can chat via Facebook "Chat"
7. Once you have established a friendly relationship you can invite each other to be friends. Be careful when you post anything on their wall as others may see it. This could cause distress to your friend's family and friends, and could halt the relationship before it has got going. Communicate discreetly.
8. Beware of frauds. Check out their profile to see who their friends are. You would expect to see a few family members and local friends. If all their friends are dotted around the world, beware. Take care if someone has no friends, or just 2 or 3. Never, ever agree to follow links to a website you are not sure about (if they tell you to do this) and never send money to someone you don't know.
9. Take care with how much information you give away - no matter how nice they seem. Facebook prefers that you link up with people you know, so if someone you don't know becomes a nuisance report them. Conversely, if you are too pushy or too rude you could get banned yourself.
10. Always be respectful to virtual friends on Facebook. Be careful in what you say and suggest. If you agree to meet someone make sure you take a friend on the first meeting.
Remember, Facebook Dating Site is not Tinder and it might not be the ideal solution for your dating needs.